Avi Licht is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group and specializes in regulation, commercial law and litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Avi served as Deputy Attorney General for nine years and as Senior Deputy State Attorney – HCJ Division, for eleven years.
Avi has extensive experience in providing ongoing legal advice to the government and in drafting legislation. As Deputy Attorney General, Avi was in charge of the legal aspects of a significant part of the economic reforms of recent years in various fields, including regulation of natural resources, communications, transportation, infrastructure, privatization of government companies, financial regulation, commercial law and insolvency.
Avi has gained considerable experience in appearing before the Supreme Court in hundreds of petitions in a variety of matters, especially concerning constitutional and regulatory law.
After leaving the public service, Avi advised a number of hi-tech and government companies engaged in smart transportation and Fintech, acquiring expertise in adapting the legal world to technological changes.
Avi was also an adjunct lecturer at Tel- Aviv University and at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Main Practice Areas
- Banking Regulation
- Insurance and Asset Management
- Corporate Finance, Securities and Capital Markets
- Israeli Capital Markets
- Hi-Tech/Start ups
- Corporate and Securities Litigation
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Administrative Proceedings
- Energy Litigation
- Energy Related Regulation
- Independent Power Producers (IPP) Regulation
- Energy Litigation
- Insolvency, Creditors’ Rights and Work-Outs
- Corporate Compliance Programs
- Administrative Law
- Israel National Technology and Innovation Authority and Governmental Benefit Programs
- Health and Agriculture
- Trade Levies (Anti-Dumping Restrictions)
- Telecom and Media Regulation
- Media, E-Commerce and Internet
- Nonprofit Organizations (NPOs) and NGOs