Ignacio González Royo is a partner in the firm’s Technology and Intellectual Property Group.
Ignacio has over 12 years of experience in the fields of high tech, technology & media (TMT), e-commerce, Fast Moving Consuming Goods (FMCG) and sports & entertainment. He represents and counsels technology companies of all sizes, including software developers and data-rich companies and startups, life sciences companies and financial institutions on a wide variety of matters, including privacy and data protection, intellectual property and copyright, licensing and commercial transactions, software, open source, advertising and consumer-protection law. Ignacio has advised more than 150 companies on their GDPR- compliance programs, as well as many other organizations on intellectual property and privacy issues in M&A and other international IP-IT transactions.
Prior to moving to Israel, Ignacio was a senior associate at Garrigues, one of Spain’s leading law firms, where he handled complex transactions and litigation for well-known internet companies, search engines, social networks, media groups and broadcasters, startups, sports entities and telecom and retail companies.
In 2014, Ignacio was seconded to Bristows (London) where he also advised a number of clients on IP, IT and data protection matters in the UK.
Ignacio is a registered European lawyer and a Madrid Bar member.
He acquired technical and artistic skills during his architecture studies and has postgraduate degrees in Business Intelligence and Commercial Law.
Mentioned Tier 1 by Media Law International.
Member of FIDE’s academic council, the prestigious Spanish Foundation for Research in Law and Business.
- Various Authors. “Pintar la Justicia”. Analysis of the Spanish justice system. Aranzadi 2016. Co-author. Available here.
- Sánchez del Campo, A. “Reflexiones de un Replicante Legal”. Legal challenges of robotics and disruptive technologies. Aranzadi 2016. Contributed to the chapter on legal implications of holograms. Available here.
Selected additional publications
- González Royo, I. “The European Commission gives the green light to the shared economy”. Fide blog 2016. Available here.
- González, Royo, I. Author of various publications regarding disruptive technologies, such as internet of things & beacons (here), fintech (here and here), holograms (here), wearables (here), blockchain (here), digital transformation (here) and algorithm protection (here). Various media, 2016.
- González Royo, I. “Right to be Forgotten”. Garrigues blog 2015. Available here.
- González Royo, I. and Pina C. “En torno al juego de azar”. Aranzadi 2014. Co-author of comments to the Gambling Act. Available here.
González Royo, I. and Pina, C. “Reputation and Privacy Protection”. Garrigues’s Sports & Entertainment Newsletter 2015. Available here.
- González Royo, I. and Pina, C. “Comments to Telecinco v. YouTube case”. Revista Aranzadi de derecho de deporte y entretenimiento 2014. Available here.
- González Royo, I. and Pina, C. “Right to be forgotten”. Rexurga 2012. Available here.