Ignacio González Royo is a partner in the firm’s Technology and Intellectual Property Group.
Ignacio has over 14 years of experience in the fields of high tech, technology & media (TMT), emerging technologies, e-commerce, technology and data regulations, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and sports and entertainment. He represents technology companies of all sizes, including software developers and data-rich companies and startups, life sciences companies and financial institutions in a wide variety of matters, including privacy and data protection, artificial intelligence, intellectual property and copyright, licensing and commercial transactions, software, open source, advertising and consumer-protection law. Ignacio has advised hundreds of companies on their privacy compliance programs, as well as many other organizations on intellectual property, technology and privacy issues in M&A and other international IP-IT transactions.
Prior to moving to Israel, Ignacio was a senior associate at Garrigues (Madrid), one of Spain’s leading law firms, where he handled complex transactions and litigation for well-known internet companies, search engines, social networks, media groups and broadcasters, startups, sports entities and telecom and retail companies.
In 2014, Ignacio was seconded to Bristows (London) where he assisted various technology companies with IP, IT and data protection matters in the UK.
Ignacio is qualified both in Israel and in Spain (Madrid Bar).
He also holds an engineering degree in architecture and postgraduate degrees in Business Intelligence and Commercial Law.
Member of Fide’s academic council, the prestigious Spanish Foundation for Research in Law and Business.
- Various Authors. Pintar la justicia. Analysis of the Spanish justice system. Aranzadi, 2016. Co-author. Available here.
- Sánchez del Campo, A. Reflexiones de un replicante legal. Legal challenges of robotics and disruptive technologies. Aranzadi, 2016. Contributed to the chapter on legal implications of holograms. Available here.
Selected additional publications
- González, Royo, I. Author of various publications regarding disruptive technologies, such as internet of things & beacons, fintech, holograms, wearables, blockchain, digital transformation and algorithm protection. Various media, 2016.
- González Royo, I. Right to Be Forgotten. Garrigues blog, 2015.
- González Royo, I. and Pina C. En torno al juego de azar. Aranzadi, 2014. Co-author of comments to the Gambling Act.
- González Royo, I. and Pina, C. Reputation and Privacy Protection. Garrigues’s Sports & Entertainment Newsletter, 2015.
- González Royo, I. and Pina, C. Comments to Telecinco v. YouTube case. Revista Aranzadi de derecho de deporte y entretenimiento, 2014.
- González Royo, I. and Pina, C. Right to Be Forgotten. Rexurga, 2012.