Ariel Rakover is a partner in Meitar’s Litigation and IP Groups, and specializes in intellectual property litigation (involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, designs and trade secrets), technology litigation and class actions.
Ariel represents clients in courts of all instances and in arbitration proceedings and also has extensive experience in registration, opposition and cancellation proceedings at the Israeli Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to joining Meitar, Ariel was an associate at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP in Reston, Virginia.
- Representing Verint – a leading cyber-security company – in a patent infringement claim relating to ciphertext only attacks on GSM cellular networks.
- Representing a leading social media platform in a class action relating to an alleged breach of privacy of users following a cyber-security attack.
- Representing a leading business and professional oriented social media service provider in a class action regarding an alleged unauthorized act of sending invitations and spam messages.
- Represented Mifal Hapayis (the Israeli lottery) in a patent infringement claim relating to an alleged infringement of a patent entitled “Advertising Method with Use of Multi-Screen Computer Monitor Units”.
- Represented a leading social media platform in trademark infringement proceedings.
- Representing the three leading Israeli cellular carriers, Partner, Cellcom and Pelephone, in a legal action relating to alleged patent infringement of mobile devices.
- Representing a multinational technology company in class action lawsuits relating to the memory capacity of cellular devices sold to customers, leading to the successful withdrawal of the actions.
- Representing a number of Israeli and international companies opposing motions to certify class actions relating to the memory capacity of telephone devices, privacy issues and spam (part of them still pending).
- Representing defendants in trade secret misappropriation cases relating to 3D printing technology and water purification technology.
- Representing one of the world’s largest cigarette manufacturers in a trademark infringement case regarding one of its strongest registered trademarks.