Edan Laron is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Regulatory groups.
Edan specializes in civil and administrative litigation, and appears regularly before courts of all instances, as well as in arbitration and mediation proceedings. Edan represents Israeli and international clients in various complex commercial conflicts relating to regulatory, commercial, administrative law, intellectual property, consumer protection, construction, white-collar offenses and disciplinary proceedings.
Prior to joining Meitar, Edan served at the Supreme Court of Israel as a senior law clerk to the Honorable Justice Hannan Melcer and clerked for the Honorable Justice Ayala Procaccia.
- Representation of the municipality of Tel Aviv in a series of petitions to the Supreme Court involving the operation of businesses on Sabbath. The case was heard by a panel of 7 judges. The municipality’s position was fully adopted by the court.
- Representation of Energean in two petitions filed with the Supreme Court by environmental groups and municipalities concerning the law applying to gas fields located in Israel’s Exclusive Economic Zone and the legality of permits granted for construction of gas facilities. Both petitions were dismissed.
- Representation of the Association of Banks in a petition to the Supreme Court to repeal the new law (unprecedented in the entire world) restricting the salaries of managers in the financial services sectors. The case was heard by a panel of 7 judges.
- Representation of Oil Refineries Ltd. in a series of claims in excess of NIS 200 million, concerning sludge accumulated in an oil storage facility.
- Representation of M+W and Intel in a number of claims relating to breaches of building contracts of specialized factories and office buildings.
- Representing the three leading Israeli cellular carriers – Partner, Cellcom and Pelephone – in a legal action relating to alleged patent infringement of mobile devices.
- Representation of a leading technology company in proceedings at the Compensation and Royalties Committee established under the Patents Law for the award of compensation for service inventions.
- Representation of ZAP Computing in a patent infringement action and a motion for a preliminary injunction relating to a method for online comparison of shopping carts, leading to the successful dismissal of the case.
- Representation of Spark Networks in opposing class action lawsuits related to automatic renewal of online subscriptions and entitlement to refunds following termination of subscriptions.
- Representation of a seed company in a legal action relating to alleged misappropriation of trade secrets. The action was successfully dismissed.