‘one of the most talented litigators involved today in many
of the highest profile litigation cases in Israel’
Nadav Weisman joined the firm in 1998 and since 2001 he has been a partner in the litigation department.
Nadav appears regularly before the District Courts and Supreme Court of Israel, as well as in arbitration proceedings. He specializes in commercial and criminal white collar litigation.
Prior to joining the firm in 1998, Nadav served for six years as a military prosecutor in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps of the Israel Defense Forces. As a reserve Lieutenant Colonel, he remains an active senior military prosecutor, representing the Judge Advocate General for over 20 years in some of the most sensitive and high profile criminal cases of the IDF.
- Representation of the trustees of the bonds issued by IDB Holdings, valued at NIS 1.7 billion. This was one of the largest and highest profile insolvency cases in Israel ever.
- Representation of Alstom Transport in a NIS 2 billion arbitration proceeding against the State of Israel in connection with the Jerusalem light rail project.
- Representation of Siemens AG in a NIS 200 million action filed against it by the Israel Electric Company (IEC) alleging involvement of Siemens in bribes paid to a former director of IEC.
- Representation of Siemens AG in a NIS 3.7 billion action filed against it by the Israel Electric Company (IEC) alleging involvement of Siemens AG in a cartel.
- Representation of the former CEO of Heinz-Remedia in involuntary manslaughter charges brought following a defective baby food crisis.
- Representation of Stratasys Ltd. in a shareholder dispute, tried before the District Court.
- Representation of the local subsidiary of Y&R (Young & Rubicam) in a major arbitration.
- Representation of the local affiliate of Grant Thornton in a NIS 116 million derivative action.
- Representation of Israeli Oil Refineries Ltd. in a series of claims in excess of NIS 200 million, concerning sludge accumulated in an oil storage facility.
- Representation of Medinol vs. Boston Scientific Inc in a cross border dispute over breach of a shareholder agreement, distribution agreement and breach of intellectual property rights, conducted in New York, Europe and Israel.
- Representation of the founders of Excellence Investment House in a US$200 million claim for enforcement of an option agreement against Phoenix Investments.
- Representation of Harel Insurance Investments against Ness Technologies in an arbitration settled for $11.2 million.
- Representation of the local affiliate of Deloitte, in a NIS 60 million action filed against it. The claim was rejected by the District Court, and the appeal to the Supreme Court was denied.
- Representation of the administrative receiver of the Feuchtwanger Industries Group in a NIS 75 million action against former directors and officers of the group. This action was settled against some of the defendants for NIS 27 million, and is still pending against other defendants.
- Representation in tax controversies and tax appeals in high value tax and transfer pricing disputes involving Israeli and foreign taxpayers, including Israeli subsidiaries of multinational enterprises.
- Representation of Solbar Hatzor in a NIS 112 million class action. This action was dismissed.
- Representation of Yashir Investment House in a NIS 112 million action filed against it, which was dismissed.