“very thorough, very dedicated and someone
who thinks outside the box.”
Chambers and Partners
“The “really dedicated” Haim Gueta is widely considered a talented lawyer specializing in the field of biomedical and pharmaceutical companies.”
Chambers and Partners 2014
“very smart and very efficient – he gets right to the point and has a very good customer attitude.”
Chambers and Partners 2013
Haim Gueta is a partner in the firm’s Life Sciences and Healthcare, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate and Hi-Tech Groups. Haim represents entrepreneurs, start-ups and mature companies in mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, strategic collaborations, joint ventures, debt and equity financings, crisis management and day-to-day corporate matters.
Haim has extensive experience in the biotechnology and life sciences industry, and advises many pharmaceutical and medical device companies on a variety of legal and business matters.
Haim also has unique expertise in complex cross-border strategic transactions and industry-oriented mergers and acquisitions, including call/put acquisition options, spin-offs, technology partnering, predetermined staged funding and contingent payment (earn-out) mechanisms.
- Representation of Gamida Cell with respect to a $600 million acquisition option granted to Novartis, combined with a $40 million strategic investment in Gamida Cell.
- Representation of XT Group as the lead seller of Checkmarx to Insight Venture Partners.
- Representation of Clal Biotechnology in an acquisition option, in collaboration in a phase III clinical trial, and in mutual release transactions with Horizon Therapeutics, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Yeda Research and Development Company, and Evotec International GmbH.
- Representation of CureTech in its $335 million asset sale to Medivation, Inc., involving a strategic license and manufacturing transactions.
- Representation of Andromeda Biotech in its $560 million acquisition by Horizon Therapeutics (f/k/a Hyperion Therapeutics).
- Representation of MediWound in its IPO on NASDAQ.
- Representation of JetPrep in its acquisition by Cantel Medical.
- Representation of MediWound and Polyheal in a $500 million strategic triangular transaction with Teva Pharmaceuticals, involving staged contingent acquisition of both companies, and strategic funding and technology collaborations.
- Representation of Andromeda Biotech in the $72 million acquisition of Teva Pharmaceuticals’ rights to a drug candidate.
- Representation of Activiews in its acquisition by Stryker Corp., and in a preceding strategic debt financing and technology collaboration transaction.
- Representation of Gan Shmuel Food in a strategic convertible debt financing of TransAlgae.
- Representation of Intucell in its $475 million acquisition by Cisco.
- Representation of NDS in the acquisition of Jungo for over $100 million.
- Representation of ModemArt in its $145 million acquisition by Agere.
- Representation of Remon Medical in its acquisition by Boston Scientific.