Liran Bar-Shalom is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group, specializing in complex civil and commercial litigation.
Liran has circa 20 years of experience in representing corporations and individuals in complex business disputes before all judicial instances. He has successfully represented corporations and their directors and officers in class actions and derivative actions, relating to corporate, commercial and securities laws; banks, investment companies and exchange members in financial claims; as well as shareholders in control disputes. Liran has vast experience in representing directors and officers in claims pertaining to alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and the duty of care, as well as in claims pertaining to alleged misstatements in prospectuses and public filings.
Liran is ranked by the Legal 500 as a leading litigation lawyer.
- Representation of controlling shareholders of a public company in a NIS half-billion claim against the buyer of the controlling interest, that rescinded the share purchase transaction due to alleged material adverse changes (MAC) occurring between signing the agreement and the completion of the transaction.
- Representation of exchange members and investment companies in lawsuits pertaining to securities trading on stock exchanges in Israel and overseas, as well as in class actions and derivative actions.
- Representation of Bank Leumi Le-Israel in financial claims pertaining to instances of fraud committed against the bank.
- Representation of shareholders and directors in control disputes in private companies, in hedge funds and in companies with pension marketing licenses.
- Representation of a public company in the claim against foreign banks, certified accountants and former directors, for negligent conduct enabling the previous controlling shareholder to unlawfully withdraw NIS 162 million from the company.
- Representation of tech companies in disputes pertaining to third-party stock option exercises.
- Representation of the Jewish National Fund (KKL) in a lawsuit against a former director pertaining to the damage sustained by the KKL due the breach of his fiduciary duty toward KKL.
- Representation of a public company shareholder in a claim pertaining to the alleged exercise of the right of first refusal with respect to his shares.
- Representation of Taro Pharmaceutical in a derivative action alleging negligent conduct on the part of the company’s directors and officers due to the company’s subsidiary violation of law.
- Representation of Cool Holdings Ltd., a member of the Altice Group, the controlling shareholder of HOT Telecommunication Ltd., in two class actions seeking NIS 234 million relating to the going-private M&A transaction, in which Cool purchased the public holdings of HOT.
- Representation of the directors, CFO and CEO of Leadcom in the dismissal of a NIS 115 million claim relating to an allegedly misleading prospectus.
- Representation of Mylan N.V., a global pharmaceutical company, with respect to a US$30 billion hostile takeover bid to acquire the share capital of Perrigo Company Plc., an international pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of Bank Leumi Le-Israel B.M. in a dispute with the Arab Israel Bank Ltd. minority shareholders as part of the bank merger. Representation of Oil Refineries Ltd. (ORL), Israel’s largest oil refinery, its CFO and former CEO in the dismissal of a class action seeking NIS 135 million, regarding alleged misleading information in ORL’s periodic reports.
- Representation of Taro Pharmaceuticals, a leading Israeli pharmaceuticals company, in the originating motion for expedited litigation seeking a court order to apply the Israeli voting procedures pursuant to the Israeli Companies Law, to the vote of foreign shareholders and to Israeli companies whose shares are listed in U.S. exchanges. Representation of the insolvency trustee of the Feuchtwanger Industries Group in a NIS 92 million claim against former directors, officers and the controlling shareholder of the group.
- Representation of the board of directors of Partner Telecommunications Ltd. in the dismissal of derivative actions seeking NIS 653 million, regarding alleged negligence in dividend distributions and bond issues.
- Representation of Sun Pharmaceuticals, a multinational pharmaceuticals corporation, in a successful control takeover of Taro Pharmaceuticals, a leading Israeli pharmaceuticals company.
- Representation of the REIT fund, Sella Capital, in a successful defense against a hostile takeover attempt.
- Representation of a plaintiff in a successful arbitration proceeding seeking commissions for the transactions conducted over several years, which resulted in an award of NIS 50 million to the plaintiff.