Liran Bar-Shalom is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group, specializing in complex civil and commercial litigation.
Liran has accumulated extensive experience in representing corporations and individuals in complex business disputes before all judicial instances. He has also successfully defended corporations and their officers in class actions and derivative actions, relating to corporate, commercial and securities laws, and has handled disputes arising out of hostile takeovers. Liran specializes in representation of directors and officers in claims pertaining to their fiduciary duties and pertaining to alleged misleading information in prospectuses and other public filings.
- Representation of Cool Holdings Ltd., a member of the Altice Group, the controlling shareholder of HOT Telecommunication Ltd., in two class actions seeking NIS 234 million relating to the going-private transaction in which Cool purchased the public holdings of HOT.
- Representation of the directors, CFO and CEO of Leadcom in the dismissal of a NIS 115 million claim relating to an allegedly misleading prospectus.
- Representation of Mylan N.V. in litigation in Israel relating to its US$30 billion unsolicited offer to acquire all of the issued share capital of Perrigo Company Plc., and successfully defending against Perrigo’s attempt to enjoin the offer from going forward in Israel, while creating groundbreaking precedents in Israeli securities law.
- Representation of Bank Leumi Le-Israel B.M. in its successful approval by the court of a merger with Israeli Arab Bank Ltd., a majority-owned subsidiary of the bank, over the objections of the minority shareholder of the subsidiary.
- Representation of Oil Refineries Ltd. (ORL), Israel’s largest oil refinery, its CFO and former CEO in the dismissal of a class action seeking NIS 135 million, regarding alleged misleading information in ORL’s period report and immediate reports.
- Representation of Taro Pharmaceuticals, a leading Israeli pharmaceuticals company, in the dismissal of a minority shareholder action challenging the voting procedures used at Taro’s shareholder meeting, while setting precedents regarding voting procedures in Israeli companies with shares listed in the US.
- Representation of the administrative receiver of the Feuchtwanger Industries Group in a NIS 92 million claim against former directors, officers and the controlling shareholder of the group.
- Representation of the board of directors of Partner Telecommunications Ltd. in the dismissal of derivative actions seeking NIS 653 million, regarding alleged negligence in dividend distributions.
- Representation of a plaintiff in a successful arbitration action regarding fees in various international transactions, which yielded an award of NIS 50 million.
- Representation of Sun Pharmaceuticals, a multinational corporation, in a successful battle for control of Taro Pharmaceuticals, a leading Israeli pharmaceuticals company.
- Representation of the REIT fund, Sella Capital, in a successful defending against a hostile takeover attempt.
- Representation of a holding company in an arbitration regarding a price adjustment dispute resulting from the sale of various companies.