“The go-to guy for high level matters, and one of the bestcapital markets lawyers in Israel.”
Chambers and Partners
“Clifford Felig – Recommended individual for Private Equity / Venture Capital”
Practical Law Company, UK
“Clifford Felig – Highly Recommended individual for IT and e-commerce”
Practical Law Company, UK
Cliff Felig is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Group.
Cliff graduated from Harvard Law School in 1986, after which he worked as a corporate associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York for six years. He moved to Israel in 1992, and has been a partner at Meitar since 2000.
- Representation of Berkshire-Hathaway Corporation and Iscar in the $4 billion acquisition of Iscar by Berkshire-Hathaway.
- Representation of M-Systems in its sale to SanDisk in a share transaction valued at $1.6 billion.
- Representation of DeutschePost/DHL in its purchase of Flying Cargo for an undisclosed amount.
- Representation of the State of Israel in its pending sale of a controlling interest in Bank Leumi.
- Representation of Hewlett-Packard (HP) in its $230 million purchase of ScitexVision.
- Representation of Euler Hermes (of the Allianz Group), in its purchase of one third of the holdings of B.S.S.CH – The Israeli Credit Insurance Company.
- Representation of Winbond Corporation of Taiwan in its acquisition of Israeli-based assets from National Semiconductor.
- Representation of Agere Systems (now LSI) in its $140 million purchase of Modem-Art.
- Representation of Hewlett-Packard (HP) in its $117 million purchase of Nur Macroprinters.
- Representation of Fox Paine private equity fund in its $100 million acquisition of Paradigm Geophysical.
- Representation of Citi and Lehman Brothers in the $1 billion private (144A) offering of notes by The Israel Electric Corporation in 2008.
- Representation of Lehman Brothers in the $117 million initial public offering (2005) and $116 million follow-on public offering (2006) of Saifun.
- Representation of M-Systems in its $75 million offering of convertible debentures by an offshore subsidiary (2005).
- Representation of M-Systems in its $110 million follow-on public offering (2004).
- Representation of an international financing consortium in the Israeli portion of the $20 billion financing of the acquisition of the Hilton Hotel chain by Blackstone.
- Representation of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) in issues related to netting under Israeli law, and the adoption of netting legislation in Israel.
- Representation of a major Israeli bank to lead the development of Israel’s first credit-linked note (CLN) program.
- Representation of a number of Israeli banks in credit default swap transactions and purchases of credit-linked notes.
- Representation of numerous North American, European and Japanese commercial and investment banks and other financial institutions on Israeli law issues arising in the context of a broad range of derivatives transactions and products.
- Pro Bono representation of the Israel Association of Baseball in all its local activities, including the promotion of a professional baseball league in Israel.