Giora Ungar is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group, leading the firm’s tender law practice.
Giora has over 40 years of experience in civil and commercial law and in representing clients in complex proceedings before courts of all instances, legal tribunals, arbitration panels and other forums.
Giora specializes in civil and administrative law, and over the years of his long career, Giora has become highly knowledgeable and has earned a strong reputation in advising numerous clients in all stages of negotiations, contracts and commercial transactions in different projects, mainly in complex infrastructure and construction projects, particularly focusing on tender law and representation in litigation proceedings in these fields.
Over the last twenty years, Giora has been involved in the litigation, drafting and advising clients on an enormous amount of tenders in a diverse range of areas, such as construction of sea ports, airports, large-scale infrastructure projects (roads, pavements, sewage, piping, tunnels), complex construction projects (office buildings, parking lots, parks, advanced industrial complexes, power stations, water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants and industrial and regular waste recycling facilities) and tenders for providing other types of services, such as public transportation, computer systems design, pedagogical services, outdoor media and advertising, legal services, accounting services, economic and strategy consulting services and many more.
Giora, with the assistance of the entire tender law team and in cooperation with the regulation and the project finance teams, makes use of the vast knowledge he has acquired, for the benefit of both the entities conducting tenders and the tender committees (which he assists in planning the tender process, formulating its provisions and guiding the process up to its successful completion, maximizing the results and making the process shorter and more efficient), as well as for the benefit of clients, who participate in other tenders (and whom he guides throughout the tender proceedings including studying the tender’s provisions, preparing and submitting the bids and reviewing the results). Moreover, Giora also represents buyers/tender committees as well as bidders in various proceedings pertaining to the results of the tenders, including pre-litigation appeals to tender committees and administrative and civil courts of all instances.
Furthermore, Giora co-authored a chapter pertaining to Israel that appeared in the first edition of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Public Procurement, 2009, published by Global Legal Group Ltd., London.
- Legal advice and representation in Israeli and international tendering processes and legal proceedings of a wide range of companies and organizations, in various projects, including planning and management companies, public transport companies and railcar manufacturers, as well as the biggest suppliers of public transport infrastructure systems, inter alia, in all the light rail lines tenders with NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd. (the red, the purple and the green lines), the underground (Metro) tender (with NTA), the Jerusalem Light Rail (with the inter-ministerial committee), Haifa-Nazareth Light Rail (with Trans Israel Ltd.), public transport (bus) clustering tenders of the Ministry of Transport, environmental, construction and other infrastructure development projects, such as: Ashdod and Haifa new ports tenders, Israel’s Ministry of Defense tenders for development of diverse security projects, new nationwide industrial and housing infrastructure development tenders (with Israel Land Authority and the Ministry of Construction and Housing) and a number of development projects of large sewage treatment plants and sewage pipejacking (such as Under Ayalon and Shafdan projects), power plants (Sorek, Ramat Negev), seawater desalination facilities (Sorek, Western Galilee), natural gas distribution tenders, advertising services tenders and various medical services and equipment tenders, as well as representation in legal proceedings pertaining to the following tenders:
- Successful representation of the winning bidder in Igudan’s tender for the construction of a sewage treatment plant.
- Successful representation in the petition against the results announced by Mekorot Israel National Water Company in the tender for the development of the fifth water supply pipeline to Jerusalem.
- Successful representation of the winning bidder in the tender for the Haifa-Nazareth Light Rail Line design.
- Successful representation in a large scale transaction agreement for the acquisition of a private digital solutions company by a public company.
- Successful representation of public companies in a large scale lawsuit against Israel Land Authority.
- Successful representation of the Engineering Association in the arbitration pertaining to eviction and monetary claims.
- Successful representation of the winning bidder in a tender for the underground sewage pipeline project development under the Ayalon Highway.
- Successful representation of the winning bidder of the Airports Authority advertising services tender.
- Successful representation in the petition filed against the winning bidder in the tender for the Israeli Broadcasting Public Corporation’s advertising management services.