Assaf Oz Partner
Contact Information16 Abba Hillel Silver Rd.
Ramat Gan 5250608, Israel
Tel: 972 3 610 3121 Fax: 972 3 610 3774
Assaf Oz is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Group and in the Banking and Finance Group. He represents corporations in a wide variety of international and domestic corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, equity and debt financings (including both public offerings and private placements), joint ventures and strategic collaborations, technology licensing, and distribution and marketing arrangements. In addition, Assaf specializes in the areas of banking and financing transactions, and has extensive experience representing both Israeli and foreign banks and financial institutions in a wide range of complex lending transactions and mergers and acquisitions. Assaf has worked on behalf of issuers and underwriters on initial public offerings and other offerings registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as offerings exempt from SEC registration pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
In addition to his training at Meitar, Assaf worked as an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York for four years.
Assaf currently teaches a course in “Finance Transactions” at Tel Aviv University Law School, and previously taught “International Negotiation” at Tel Aviv University Law School, “High-Tech Law” at Bar-Ilan University Law School, and “Corporation Law” at the Hebrew University Accounting School.
Assaf has been ranked as a Leading Lawyer in Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking and Finance and Capital Markets by The IFLR 1000; ranked as an Up and Coming Banking & Finance Lawyer by Chambers & Partners; and recommended by The Legal 500 for Banking and Finance.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Representation of Amdocs Limited (NYSE: DOX) in its acquisitions of Vubiquity Holdings, Inc. for $250 million, Projekt202 LLC for $95 million, Vindicia Inc. for $110 million, Actix International Limited for $120 million, Celcite Management Solutions LLC for $130 million, cVidya Networks, Inc., Kenzn Media LLC and XACCT Technologies Ltd.
- Representation of Twistlock Ltd. in its acquisition by Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (NYSE:PANW) for $410 million.
- Representation of The Israel Corporation (TASE: ILCO) in the $1 billion dollar spin-off of Kenon Holdings Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: KEN) and Kenon’s dual listing on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Verint Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: VRNT) in its acquisitions of UTX Technologies Ltd. for $83 million, WebIntPro Ltd. and Deep Analytics Ltd., Terrogence Ltd. and SenseCy Cyber Intelligence Ltd., and Febrouin Investments Limited.
- Representation of the Special Committee of Cohen Pituach (50% holder of the Limited Partner in Avner Oil & Gas Exploration L.P.) in connection with the merger between Delek Drilling L.P. and Avner Oil & Gas Exploration L.P.
- Representation of Retalix Limited (NASDAQ/TASE: RTLX) in its acquisitions of MTXEPS, LLC and Cornell-Mayo Associates, Inc., and in its subsequent acquisition by NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) for $800 million.
- Representation of M. Arkin Dermatology Ltd. (Mr. Mori Arkin) in the acquisition of Sol-Gel Technologies Ltd.
- Representation of Golden Gate Capital Private Equity and Lantiq Beteiligungs – GmbH & Co. KG (formerly the DSL division of Infineon Technologies AG) in their acquisition of all assets of Metalink Ltd. (NASDAQ: MTLK).
- Representation of the institutional shareholders, led by Viola Partners and Pitango Venture Capital, in their sale of MobileAccess Networks, Inc. to Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW) for $145 million.
- Representation of Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) in its sale of all assets of Colbar Lifescience Ltd. to a management-led group.
- Representation of Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMAT) in the Israeli aspects of its divestiture of its Chamber Cleaning and Coating Services Group to Quantum Global Technologies, LLC (QuantumClean®).
- Representation of Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) in its acquisition of all assets of Imagine Web (2008) Ltd. (D.B.A. CmyCasa).
- Representation of Picscout, Inc. in its acquisition by Getty Images, Inc.
Banking and Finance:
- Representation of Bank Leumi in the sale of Bank Leumi Switzerland to Bank Julius Baer, the sale of Bank Leumi Luxembourg to Banque J. Safra Sarasin, and the sale of the Trust Company of Bank Leumi to Hermetic Trust Company.
- Representation of Banque J. Safra Sarasin in the Israeli aspects of its acquisition of Bank Hapoalim Switzerland and Bank Hapoalim Luxembourg.
- Representation of Hapoalim High Tech in numerous loan transactions to start-up companies.
- Representation of a syndicate of lenders led by Discount Bank, Harel Insurance Company and HSBC Bank in a NIS 2.4 billion loan to Clal Industries Ltd.
- Representation of the telecommunication group controlled by Mr. Patrick Drahi in numerous financing transactions, including representation of Hot Telecommunication System Ltd. in a NIS 3.4 billion loan from a syndicate led by Bank Leumi and Bank Hapoalim, and representation of Cool Holding Limited in a NIS 1.05 billion loan from certain institutional investors, a NIS 350 million loan from Bank Hapoalim, and a NIS 300 million bridge loan from Bank Discount.
- Representation of Fortissimo Private Equity in a series of loan transactions with Bank Leumi, Bank Hapoalim and Bank Mizrahi in connection with the leveraged buyout by Fortissimo of Solcon Limited.
- Representation of Gazit-Globe Ltd. (NYSE: GZT) in numerous financing transactions, including a NIS 1 billion loan from Clal Insurance, a $250 million and a $365 million bank financings from Bank Leumi, a $250 million bank financing from Citibank USA and Citibank Canada, a $75 million bank financing from Bank of America, N.A. and a $75 million bank financing from Barclays PLC.
- Representation of Viola Credit (formerly Plenus Funds) in its loan to ECI Telecom Ltd. and in the subsequent restructuring of ECI’s debt, and in its loan to an investor group led by Mr. Offer Gilboa for the leveraged buyout of Cargo Air Lines Ltd.
- Representation of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the Israeli aspects of its $640 million loan to Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH).
- Representation of NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) in the Israeli aspects of its $2 billion loan from a syndicate led by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Representation of numerous start-up companies in venture lending transactions and bridge financings.
- Representation of numerous start-up companies in equity investment rounds by venture capital funds and angel investors.
- Representation of Cedar Fund, Viola Partners, Carmel Venture Funds, Pitango and Evergreen, as well as high net-worth individuals, in various investment transactions.
- Representation of the Beny Steinmetz Group in its farming-in transactions relating to the “Pelagic” offshore petroleum licenses.
- Representation of a group led by Mr. Gideon Tadmor in its joint venture with the Delek Group (TASE: DLEKG) for oil and gas operations outside Israel and Cyprus, and representation of Mr. Tadmor’s group’s subsequent acquisition of the Delek Group’s interest in the joint venture.