Yaniv Breitstein is a partner in the firm’s Local Authorities Group.
Yaniv has extensive experience in municipal law, with unique expertise in municipal corporations. Adv. Breitstein specializes in regulation and audit, tender law, HR and payroll, NPOs and NGOs and various other public sector-related practices. Moreover, Yaniv serves as the legal counsel of the Israeli Association of Municipal Corporations, an umbrella organization of the Israeli municipal corporations.
Adv. Breitstein has represented dozens of public entities (local authorities, municipal corporations and public associations) in a wide range of their activities, including complex projects and civil and administrative litigation in courts of all instances. Furthermore, Yaniv delivers lectures on municipal corporations on various forums and takes part in legislative procedures and in drafting administrative guidelines and policies pertaining to municipal corporations and other areas.
- Ongoing representation of some of Israel’s largest and leading municipal corporations operating in various fields, such as Moriah Jerusalem Development Corporation, Ahuzot Ha-Hof Tel Aviv, Yiftach AD Development Company of Kiryat Gat, Bat Yam Development Company, Hadera Economic Corporation and more.
- Representation of municipal corporations before the Ministry of Interior and various other ministries and government bodies in drafting and approval processes of tender regulations for municipal corporations, the municipal corporations reform and circular letters of the Ministry of Finance pertaining to the municipal corporations employee salaries (from January 2018 and July 2021).
- Representation of local authorities in dozens of audits of the State Comptroller in a number of bodies, such as the municipalities of Jerusalem, Beer Sheva, Holon, Kiryat Gat, Givatayim, Mateh Binyamin Regional Council and more.
- Representation of numerous NPOs and NGOs in audit procedures initiated by the Registrar of Non-Profit Organizations and recovery procedures, such as the Beit Lessin Theater, the Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra, the Raanana Symphonette Orchestra, A. S. Ramat Ha-Sharon Sports Association and other sports and cultural associations.
- Representation in complex NPO mergers before the Registrar of Non-Profit Organizations and courts (including the merger of Jerusalem Post associations and the merger of the Netanya Kibbutz Orchestra and the Jerusalem Symphonic Orchestra).