Meitar Law represents and assists local authorities, major municipal corporations and water and sewage corporations in various complex legal proceedings. Furthermore, Meitar also represents prominent enterprises and business owners versus other local authorities on the matters of business licensing and municipal taxation.
The firm has vast experience in representing local authorities and the aspects relevant to representing such bodies, including assistance in tender documents preparation, fundraising procedures, establishment of municipal corporations, local water and sewage corporations and their representation in complex legal proceedings.
The firm’s Local Authorities Department handles, inter alia, the following matters:
- Ongoing legal representation of and assistance to local authorities, municipal corporations, water and sewage corporations, administrative petitions and class actions.
- Formation of municipal companies and water and sewage corporations.
- Legal representation of local authorities at border and jurisdiction committees.
- Legal representation of and assistance to municipal and government corporations in appointing directors.
- Legal representation of and assistance to municipal and government corporations versus the State Comptroller.
- Legal representation of and assistance to municipal, government and water corporations in tender processes.
- Legal advice to local authorities and water corporations on development levies.
- Assistance in initiating municipal projects and infrastructure development.
Our team works in cooperation with major Israeli municipal corporations and local authorities, providing them ongoing assistance in all their projects, daily operations and cases requiring special legal attention.
Among the firm’s clients in this area are: the Municipalities of Tel Aviv, Eilat, Givatayim, Ramat Ha-Sharon, Kfar Saba and more, such municipal corporations and companies as the Eilat Economic Company, Ezra & Bizaron, the Ashkelon Economic Company, sports halls, Mei Hod Hasharon, Sharonim, Mei Avivim, Meitav, Mei Givatayim, Ein Afek, Ein Netafim, Afek Ha-Shomron, the Lower Galilee villages, etc.
Meitar’s Local Authorities Department is consistently rated at the top of the professional rankings of Dun’s 100 and BDI.
The Local Authorities Department of the firm is headed by adv. Gidi Frishtik, adv. Giora Ungar and adv. Alon Gellert, all of whom have a unique expertise in complex legal issues related to local authorities, including tenders, infrastructure development, environmental law, labor law, real estate, taxation, etc.