Immigration and Foreign Expert Relocation
Meitar’s Immigration and Foreign Expert Relocation team offers legal advice and guidance through the complex process of relocating foreign experts to Israel or abroad.
Foreign experts play key roles in a wide range of sectors in the Israeli economy. These include high tech, energy, light and heavy industry, biotech, life sciences, communications, engineering, air, sea and surface transportation, the diamond industry, the arts and more.
All corporations, organizations, and any entity or employer are obligated to ensure that the foreign experts in their employ act only in accordance with their permits or visas.
The team offers preliminary advice and counsel to ensure that all necessary permits are issued in accordance with the law in order to avoid criminal violations, fines and other unexpected economic vulnerabilities. The team has extensive experience working with all the relevant government agencies involved in immigration and work permits, such as the Population Authority, Immigration and Border Control and others.
Immigration and Foreign Expert Relocation Group Services:
- Consulting with, advising and guiding corporations through every step of relocating foreign experts to Israel
- Filing applications for foreign expert work permits and visas as per specific areas of expertise, for terms that vary in accordance with the clients’ needs
- Filing fast-track applications for short-term work permits and visas
- Filing applications to extend work permits and visas for foreign experts already in Israel
- Replacing foreign experts on existing work permits
- Courtroom representation in appeals, hearings and petitions
The services provided by the Immigration and Foreign Expert Relocation team meet the highest international standards, while maintaining full breadth and a creative approach that comes from understanding each client’s unique needs.