“Tomer Shani is simply the best companion an entrepreneur could take for the long journey of a startup. He’s a cut above the others. He’s a deal maker, and works all day and night to get deals done, and always in a pleasant and collegial manner.”
Chambers and Partners
“Our amazing legal counsel and trusted confidant”
Shaked Zin, PureSec CEO
“We worked with Tomer Shani from Meitar on KKR’s first tech deal in Israel. Tomer and the team provided a fantastic service to KKR. The quality of their work matches that of the US law firms we are typically working with and their dedication and work ethic is second to none. Tomer’s commercial instincts and drive to get a deal done are outstanding.”
Lucian Schoenefelder, KKR
Tomer Shani (formerly Schwartz) is Managing Director at MeitarNY Inc.
Tomer’s main focus is on early stage startups and he is known in the industry for providing invaluable legal and business advice to startups in their early stages and throughout their lifecycle. In addition, Tomer represents private and public technology companies, venture capital funds and individual entrepreneurs in a wide range of business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, private debt and equity offerings, strategic investments, joint ventures and strategic collaborations, technology licensing, and distribution and marketing arrangements. Tomer also provides ongoing corporate and commercial advice to international and domestic clients and is a mentor and advisor in leading accelerators such as The Junction and Citi and Barclays FinTech.
Before joining Meitar, Tomer practiced law as an associate in the M&A/Private Equity Group of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in New York for three years.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Representing Artlist in its $65M acquisition of Motion Array.
- Representing Content IQ in its $73M acquisition by Perion.
- Representing NoFraud in a significant investment from Providence Strategic Growth.
- Representation of PureSec in its acquisition by Palo Alto Networks.
- Representation of LiveU in its $200 million acquisition by Private Equity Francisco Partners.
- Representation of Cyvera in its $200 million acquisition by Palo Alto Networks.
- Representation of Anobit in its acquisition by a multinational corporation.
- Representation of Attenti in its $230 million sale to 3M.
- Representation of public ViryaNet in its $19M sale to Verisae.
- Representation of Kampyle in its sale to Medalia.
- Representation of Autodesk in two acquisitions of Israeli start-ups.
- Representation of Whitebox in its sale to SailPoint.
- Representation of Perth-based Spatula.io in its acquisition by Irish WeBringg.
- Representation of Avnet in its acquisition of the assets of Nisko Semiconductors and of CRG Electronics.
- Representation of Verint in an asset acquisition.
- Representation of Enrepoint in its acquisition of the assets of, and joint venture with, Friendly Energy.
- Representation of a large number of start-up companies and founders in equity investment rounds by venture capital funds from seed through late stage and growth, angel investors and strategic investors and in secondary sales.
- Representation of KKR, Bain Capital, EMC, Nokia Growth Partners, F2 Capital, StageOne, Vintage Partners, Capri Ventures, GiTV, Mindset Ventures, INcapital Ventures, Fraser McCombs Ventures, Baidu, Hutchison Water, Viola Venture, Pitango, Cedar Fund and Aurec as well as high-net-worth individuals and family offices, in various investment transactions and secondary sales.
- Representation of numerous start-up companies and lenders in venture lending transactions.
Banking and Finance:
- Representation of Dmatek in a $26 million refinance transaction with Silicon Valley Bank.
- Representation of Laurelton Diamonds (an affiliate of Tiffany’s) in a $50 million amortizing term loan facility to Koidu.