Dr. Shaul Hayoun is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Securities Group and Banking and Finance Group.
Shaul practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on corporate governance, securities regulation, M&A, corporate finance, and financial institutions. He advises listed companies on various legal and governance issues, including with respect to Board practices, reporting, and securities law requirements. Shaul acts for companies in public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and banking and non-banking finance agreements, both in local and cross-border transactions.
Shaul has been a partner in the firm since 2006, with a study leave during the years 2014-2017 in which he completed a PhD degree in management in the United Kingdom. Shaul has published his academic research in leading international journals, and he remains academically active in the fields of management, accounting and law.
- Representation of OPC Energy Ltd., a public company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, in its formation, with three leading Israeli institutional investors, of a joint investment platform with total capital commitment of US$ 815 million, for the purchase of the US energy company, Competitive Power Ventures (CPV).
- Representation of the controlling shareholders of Rimoni Industries Ltd., a public company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, in the sale of half of their controlling stake to FIMI Opportunity Fund, reflecting company value of NIS 400 million.
- Representation of Value L.B.H. Infrastructure in its purchase of the controlling interest in Dan Transportation, Tel-Aviv Metropolitan’s largest bus company, reflecting company value of more than NIS 1 billion.
- Representation of Elad Holdings in its sale of the controlling interest in Elad Israel New Residence Ltd., an Israeli real-estate company, to JTLV 2 (a private equity fund) reflecting company value of NIS 280 million.
- Representation of LRC Real Estate Ltd., a European real estate fund, in its formation of a Luxembourg fund with anchor investors Harel Insurance and Hachshara Insurance, initially purchasing an office building in Paris, France, for an aggregate consideration of more than €300 million.
- Representation of Ms. Liora Ofer and the Ofer Investment Group in the sale of the controlling ownership interest in Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot and related transactions amounting to billions of New Israeli Shekels, triggered by the Israeli Anti-Concentration Law.
- Representation of Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot with respect to various aspects relating to its Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) with the US Department of Justice pertaining to the latter’s yearslong investigation of tax evasion by the Bank’s US customers.
- Representation of Kenon Holdings Ltd. in its spin-off from Israel Corporation Ltd. and in its IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Gazit-Globe group, a leading international real-estate group, in numerous public and private offerings on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, in a cumulative amount exceeding NIS 10 billion.
- Representation of Hot Telecommunication Systems Ltd. in its first public debenture offering on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in an amount of NIS 1.5 billion.
- Representation of Gazit-Globe Ltd. in its U.S. IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Representation of the founders of Excellence Investment House in their sale of a controlling stake in the company to The Phoenix Insurance group.
- Representation of Altice group, the international communication group, in its financing of the acquisition of Mirs Telecommunication, an Israeli cellular operator.
- Representation of Makhteshim Agan Industries in a debenture offering of NIS 2.35 billion.
- Representation of Gazit-Globe group in various domestic and international credit facility agreements (involving various jurisdictions, including the U.S., Canada, Finland, the U.K. and Jersey) with Israeli and American banks, in aggregate amount of more than US$ 1 billion.
- Representation of the Fishman group in various domestic and international credit agreements with Israeli and American banks.
- Representation of the Sampoerna Group in the purchase of 20.2% of the share capital of Harel Insurance Investments for $194 million, and subsequently in the sale of Harel shares to private and institutional investors.
- Representation of Harel Insurance Group in debenture public offering of NIS 650 million.
- Representation of Mizrahi Tefahot Bank in the preparation of a prospectus for listing of subordinated debentures in amount of NIS 460 million.
- Representation of Harel Insurance Investments in the purchase of Leumi PIA Trust Management Company (mutual funds activity) from Bank Leumi Le-Israel, for NIS 565 million.
- Representation of Harel Insurance Investments in the purchase of Leumi Provident Fund activity from Bank Leumi Le-Israel, for NIS 575 million.