Dr. Shaul (Shuki) Hayoun is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Securities Group.
Shaul practices corporate and commercial law, focusing on mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, securities regulation and corporate finance. Shaul has extensive experience in representing leading companies and sophisticated investors (including private equity funds) from various business sectors, including real estate, infrastructure, energy, transportation, finance, services and other industries. He represents clients in public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, investment funds formation and fundraising and in a variety of other types of transactions, corporate procedures and commercial engagements, both domestically and in cross-border transactions. Shaul also advises listed companies on various legal and governance issues, including with respect to board practices, reporting, and securities law requirements.
Shaul has been a partner in the firm since 2006, with a study leave in the years 2014-2017, during which he completed a PhD degree in management in the UK. Shaul has published his academic research in leading international journals, and he remains academically active in the fields of management, accounting and law.
- Representation of Israel Corporation Ltd. (TASE listed) in the NIS 553 million sale of its controlling interest in Oil Refineries Ltd. (TASE listed).
- Representation of Liora Ofer Group in its multi-million shekel acquisition of the minority interest in Ofer Investments (the parent company of Melisron Ltd. (TASE listed).
- Representation of Gav-Yam Lands Corp. Ltd. in multiple public debt offerings on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Pulsenmore Ltd. (TASE listed) in an investment by and strategic collaboration with GE Healthcare.
- Representation of OPC Energy Ltd. (TASE listed) in its formation, with three leading Israeli institutional investors, of a joint investment platform with total capital commitment of US$ 815 million, for the purchase of the U.S. energy company, Competitive Power Ventures (CPV).
- Representation of the controlling shareholders of Rimoni Industries Ltd. (TASE listed) in the sale of half of their controlling stake to FIMI Opportunity Fund, reflecting the company market cap of NIS 400 million.
- Representation of Value L.B.H. Infrastructure in its purchase of the controlling interest in Dan Transportation, Tel Aviv Metropolitan’s largest bus company, reflecting the company market cap of more than NIS 1 billion.
- Representation of Elad Holdings in its sale of the controlling interest in Elad Israel New Residence Ltd., an Israeli real estate company, to JTLV 2 (a private equity fund), reflecting the company market cap of NIS 280 million.
- Representation of LRC Real Estate Ltd., a European real estate fund, in its formation of a Luxembourg fund with Harel Insurance and Hachshara Insurance as anchor investors, initially purchasing an office building in Paris, France, for an aggregate consideration of more than €300 million.
- Representation of Liora Ofer Group and Ofer Investments in the sale of their controlling interest in Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot and related transactions amounting to billions of New Israeli Shekels, triggered by the Israeli Anti-Concentration Law.
- Representation of Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot with respect to various aspects relating to its Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) with the U.S. Department of Justice, pertaining to the latter’s years-long investigation of tax evasion by the Bank’s U.S. customers.
- Representation of Kenon Holdings Ltd. in its spin-off from Israel Corporation Ltd. and in its IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.