“The “hard-working” Michael Rimon wins warm praise from peers
and impresses clients with his dedication to transactions:
“He works 24/7 to make the deal happen.”
Chambers and Partners
“With broad experience across a range of corporate matters, Michael Rimon continues to gain recognition from market observers”
Chambers and Partners
”Michael Rimon combines New York experience with success in the Israeli venture capital market.”
Chambers and Partners
“A rising star who is considered ‘a cut above the rest’”
Chambers and Partners
Mike Rimon has been a partner in the Corporate and Securities Group since January 2006. He represents international and domestic public and private companies in a broad range of matters, domestic and international venture capital firms in their investments in Israeli start up companies, US-based investment banks in their underwriting of securities of Israeli companies in public and private offerings in the US and Europe and individual entrepreneurs in a wide range of corporate and securities matters. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital transactions, private and public equity and debt offerings and fund formation transactions. Mike’s practice covers technology, medical device and telecom transactions. In addition, Mike provides ongoing corporate and securities advice to both private and publicly-held companies on Israeli, US and UK corporate and securities laws.
Prior to joining Meitar in early 2004, Mike was a corporate associate at Parker Chapin LLP in New York for over five years.
- Representation of a group of investors led by Fortissimo in the acquisition of 85% of Sanquin Plasma Products B.V., a Dutch supplier of plasma pharmaceuticals products.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation N.V., in an underwritten public follow on offering of $115 million.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation NV in the issuance of debentures for a total of NIS 210,000,000.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation NV in the acquisition of Tia Technology A/S, a Danish leading developer and provider of standardized insurance software solutions in Europe and South Africa, from private equity firm EQT Mid Market, for a purchase price of $80 million.
- Representation of Proofpoint in its acquisition of ObserveIT for $225 million.
- Representation of the shareholders of Polymer Logistics in the sale of the company to Tosca.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation in the $100 million cash acquisition of US-based StoneRiver.
- Representation of BC Partners in the $1.4 billion cash acquisition of control over the Keter Plastic Group.
- Representation of Proofpoint in its $60 million cash acquisition of FireLayers.
- Representation of T4U Brazil in the $210 million cash sale of the company to Blackstone.
- Representation of Leaba Semiconductor Ltd. in the $350 million cash sale of the company to Cisco Systems.
- Representation of DVtel Inc. in the $90 million cash sale of the company to FLIR Systems.
- Representation of Bezeq-subsidiary Walla in its NIS 800 million cash sale of Yad2 to Germany-based Axel Springer.
- Representation of Covidien in its $1 billion cash acquisition of TASE/Nasdaq-listed Given Imaging.
- Representation of Facebook in its cash acquisitions of Face.com and Onavo Mobile.
- Representation of EMC in its cash acquisition of ScaleIO.
- Representation of Emerson Electric in its acquisition of APM Automation Solutions.
- Representation of Evogene Ltd. in its $80 million IPO in the US.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation in its $40 million follow-on public offering in the US.
- Representation of shareholders of Nasdaq-listed Enzymotech in the public offering of their shares in the US.
- Representation of shareholders of Nasdaq-listed Lumenis in the public offering of their shares as part of the company’s IPO in the US.
- Representation of Kardan Technologies in its US$30 million sales of shares of RRSAT Global Communications to private equity firm Viola.
- Representation of Avaya in its cash acquisition of IT Navigator.
- Representation of Magic Software in its US$10 million cash acquisition of a division of KBR Inc and in its cash acquisition of a division of Allstate.
- Representation of Rhone Capital in its US$86 million cash acquisition of the operating companies of Eden Springs.
- Representation of Covidien in its $346 million cash acquisition of Oridion Systems.
- Representation of Covidien in its cash acquisition of superDimension.
- Representation of Singapore Telecom in its cash acquisition of Amobee.
- Representation of Avaya in its $230 million cash acquisition of Radvision.
- Representation of UK-based Bunzl plc in its acquisition of Golden Tanks Ltd.
- Representation of Luxembourg-based private equity firm Altice Securities in the NIS 750 million (and up to NIS 1.2 billion) sale of Mirs Communications Ltd. to HOT Telecommunication Systems Ltd.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation in its $75 million cash and stock acquisition of two Israeli privately held companies.
- Representation of Alvarion Ltd. in its $30 million cash acquisition of Wavion Inc.
- Representation of London Stock Exchange-listed TMT Investments Plc in its acquisition of 10% of the shares of Unicell Advanced Cellular Solutions Ltd.
- Representation of Carmel Ventures, the largest stockholder of Axerra Networks Inc., in the sale of the company to DragonWave Inc.
- Representation of F.T.T. Investments B.V., one of the two shareholders of Elettra (together with Telecom Italia), in the sale of the company to France Telecom.
- Representation of VocalTec Communications Ltd. in its stock merger with YMax Corporation.
- Representation of the French private equity firm Altice in acquisition of Mirs Telecommunications Ltd.
- Representation of Amdocs in its $110 million cash acquisition of UK-based MX Telecom.
- Representation of UK-based Bunzl plc in its $18 million cash acquisition of Israel-based Silco Utensils Ltd.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation in its $8 million cash and stock acquisition of Canada-based Harcase Software Ltd.
- Representation of ECtel Ltd. in its $21 million sale to cVidya Networks, Inc.
- Representation of shareholders of CopperGate Communications Ltd. in the $186 million sale of the company to Sigma Designs, Inc.
- Representation of St. Jude Medical in its acquisition of MediGuide Inc. for $300 million.
- Representation of Bank of America and Lehman Brothers in a $90 million follow-on public offering of Ceragon Networks.
- Representation of the Fishman Group in its sale of 012 Golden Lines to Smile Communications for $140 million.
- Representation of Emblaze in its acquisition of the controlling interest in the Formula Group for $70 million.
- Representation of the controlling shareholder of the Alliance Tires company in the sale of the Alliance company to Warburg Pincus for $45 million.
- Representation of VocalTec Communications in its merger with Tdsoft.
- Representation of LeadCom Integrated Solutions in its acquisition of Ytelcom.
- Stock swap between the Fishman Group and Telecom Italia relating to shares in Mediterranean Nautilus and Elletra TLC.
- Representation of Xpert Integrated Systems in its acquisition by One Software Technologies.
- $110 million equity offering by M-Systems.
- $75 million convertible debentures offering by M-Systems.
- 100 million Euro initial public offering of Queenco Leisure International on the Main List of the London Stock Exchange.
- $117 million initial public offering of Mellanox Technologies (counsel to Credit Suisse and JP Morgan).
- $117 million initial public offering of Saifun (counsel to Lehman Brothers).
- Representation of the Fishman Group in a complex real property joint venture in Thailand.