Jonathan M. Nathan is a partner in the firm’s Global Capital Markets Group. Jonathan has vast experience in representation of Israeli companies and investors in U.S. capital markets, and plays a leading role in the firm’s practice in that area.
Jonathan’s practice is at the intersection of U.S. securities laws/stock exchange-related matters and Israeli corporate law, with an emphasis on transactional representation of Israeli clients seeking capital abroad. Jonathan advises issuers (and, as applicable, underwriters) on a wide range of cutting-edge capital markets transactions, including IPOs (most recently SPAC IPOs), public company mergers (including de-SPAC business combinations), follow-on offerings and spin-offs. He also counsels market participants in securities law aspects of other types of transactions, including tender offers and going-private transactions. Jonathan also routinely handles periodic SEC regulatory filings for Israeli funds and investment managers.
Prior to moving to Israel and joining the firm in 2008, Jonathan practiced Corporate and Securities law for six years at large law firms in New York, most significantly at Reed Smith LLP (from 2005 to 2008).
- Representation of Moringa Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: MACA, MACAU & MACAW) in its $100 million IPO on the NASDAQ Capital Market, the third ever Israeli SPAC IPO in the U.S., and its prospective de-SPAC business combination with Holisto Ltd. (pending).
- Representation of Spree Acquisition Corp. 1 Limited (NYSE: SHAP, SHAPU & SHAPW) in its $200 million IPO on the NYSE, and its prospective de-SPAC business combination with WHC Worldwide, LLC (pending).
- Representation of Stratasys Ltd. (NASDAQ: SSYS) in its $418.5 million follow-on offering on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Representation of Kornit Digital Ltd. (NASDAQ: KRNT) in its $130 million follow-on offering on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Representation of Cognyte Software Ltd. (NASDAQ: CGNT) in its spin-off from Verint Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRNT) and listing on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Representation of Chemomab Ltd. in its merger with Anchiano Therapeutics Ltd. (NASDAQ: ANCN) and its listing on NASDAQ as Chemomab Therapeutics Ltd. (transaction pending)
- Representation of InspireMD, Inc. (NYSE American: NSPR) in its $20.7 million follow-on offering of shares and warrants on the NYSE American stock exchange.
- Representation of Lumenis Ltd. (NASDAQ: LMNS) in its $75 million initial public offering and listing on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Representation of Macrocure Ltd. (NASDAQ:MCUR) in its $54 million initial public offering and listing on the NASDAQ Global Market.
- Representation of NeuroDerm Ltd. (NASDAQ:NDRM) in its $45 million initial public offering and listing on the NASDAQ Global Market.
- Representation of Evogene Ltd. (NYSE: EVGN) in its $74 million initial public offering and listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Sapiens International Corporation N.V. (NASDAQ: SPNS) in its $40.6 million follow-on offering.
Selected additional publications
- “SPAC is back: Surprising new opportunities”, Calcalist CTech, Opinions, July 4, 2022. For the full article, click here.
- “The SPAC Phenomenon: Two-way democratization of the U.S. capital markets”, Calcalist CTech, Opinions, July 6, 2021. For the full article, click here.
- Webinar– “The SEC’s Recent Amendments to Rule 10b5-1- A Practical Guide”– April 24, 2023