Liat Hertzka is a partner in Meitar’s Antitrust and Competition Group.
Liat regularly advises major local and international companies on complex merger, monopoly and restrictive arrangement cases, and has extensive experience in the civil, administrative and criminal aspects of competition and antitrust law. Liat represents companies in various proceedings before the Israeli Competition Authority, the Competition Tribunal and criminal courts. Liat regularly counsels clients in a wide range of industries, including hi-tech, aviation, low-tech and retail, on various antitrust matters, and assists companies in the creation and implementation of internal antitrust compliance programs.
Liat specializes in merger control regimes worldwide and regularly consults multinational firms in merger control proceedings regarding large scale mergers and acquisitions. Liat also regularly counsels multinational clients on antitrust aspects in the EU and Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining Meitar, Liat was a member of a competition policy review team of the Israeli Antitrust Authority, with the mission to obtain membership status for Israel in the OECD by successfully passing the OECD’s peer review of Israel’s competition law and policy. To that end, Liat took part in the analysis of numerous intricate law and economics matters relating to Israel’s competition regime.
Liat was nominated as a Future Leader in Competition 2019 by Who’s Who Legal and Global Competition Review.
- Advising on all antitrust and competition aspects in connection with the $350 million cash sale of Leaba Semiconductor to Cisco Systems, including international merger control filings.
- Advising on all antitrust and competition aspects in connection with Formula Industries’ joint purchase of TSG IT Advanced Systems with Israel Aerospace Industries, including international merger control filings.
- Consulting various hi-tech companies on all antitrust aspects of their activity in Israel, the EU and Asia Pacific.
- Representation of El-Al Israel Airlines before the Antitrust Tribunal and the Israel Antitrust Authority in an “abuse of a dominant position” case.
- Representation of El-Al Israel Airlines in hearing proceedings and in the petition filed with the High Court of Justice, in connection with its request to operate domestic flights.
- Representation of the CEO of the Association for the Wellbeing of Israel’s Soldiers in proceedings at the Israel Antitrust Authority regarding his involvement in a restrictive arrangement with Israel’s legal gambling monopoly (Mifal HaPayis).