Eyal Rosovsky Partner
Contact Information16 Abba Hillel Silver Rd.
Ramat Gan 5250608, Israel
Tel: 972 3 610 3702 Fax: 972 3 614 5829
“Impressive professional know-how and
in-depth learning in all relevant matters”
The Legal 500
“He is excellent, he understands the bigger picture and excels at all he does. We are very happy with him”.
Chambers and Partners
Eyal Rosovsky is a leading partner in the firm’s Litigation Group.
Eyal represents Israeli and international clients in complex cases and specializes in Commercial Litigation, Constitutional Litigation, Administrative Litigation, Criminal and White Collar Litigation, Corporate Law and Commercial Law.
Eyal is the author of “The Secrets of Litigation”, the only book in Israel about litigation.
Eyal was a Supreme Court candidate in 2012 and in 2014.
In addition, Eyal was a member of various committees, including the Committee for the Nomination of the Attorney General (2009), the Goren Committee, an advisory committee to the Minister of Justice on civil procedure (2004-2012), Chairman of Tabeka, a nonprofit organization providing legal assistance and advocacy to Ethiopian immigrants in Israel (2003-2012), the Israel Bar Association Central Committee and National Council, and Head of the Courts Committee of the Bar (1999-2003).
Eyal was a member of the Zylbertal Committee, an advisory committee to the Minister of Justice on civil procedure (2012-2016).
Eyal was selected to participate in an international litigation roundtable organized by Corporate LiveWire, which included 11 experts from around the world, and dealt with the latest changes and developments in Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Eyal has taught Civil Litigation at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya School of Law, and Criminal Aspects of Securities Law at the Hebrew University Faculty of Law in Jerusalem.
Together with Adv. Livian Segal, Eyal teaches the course “The Secrets of Litigation” at the Hebrew University Faculty of Law in Jerusalem.
- Representation of Mr. Ehud Olmert, former Prime Minister of Israel, in the “Talansky” matter.
- Representation of Brigadier General Avi Benayahu, former IDF spokesman, in a criminal investigation regarding events leading to the appointment of the IDF Chief of Staff (the “Harpaz Document” matter), and in a libel action against McCann Erickson.
- Representation of the Dolphin Group, a corporation controlled by Mr. Eduardo Elsztain, in a corporate control battle over IDB, one of Israel’s most prominent concerns.
- Representation of the Trustees for the Bondholders of IDB Development Ltd. and the Bondholders Committee, holding indebtedness of approximately NIS 4 billion.
- Representation of Bank Leumi Le-Israel in a NIS 88 million claim against Mr. Ilan Ben-Dov, including a motion for a temporary attachment on Mr. Ben-Dov’s assets, which was granted by the court.
- Representation of Bank Leumi Le-Israel in the liquidation procedure of Tao Tsuot Ltd., a major debtor, including the defense of the Bank in a lawsuit filed by the special manager in liquidation.
- Representation of Bank Leumi Le-Israel in a lawsuit filed by the Bank’s shareholders claiming minority oppression in connection with a settlement between the Bank and the United States government.
- Representation of businessman Dudi Weissman in an action to dissolve a partnership with Shraga Biran, who controls the Alon Group.
- Representation of directors of Bezeq, Israel’s largest telecommunication company, in a motion to approve a derivative action filed in respect of the distribution of dividends in Bezeq.
- Representation of a corporation held by Apax Partners in a lawsuit challenging the sale of Tnuva, an Apax portfolio company and Israel’s largest food conglomerate, to Bright Food.
- Representation of Psagot Investment House, Israel’s largest investment house, in class actions regarding the collection of management fees from members of provident funds.
- Representation of car importers Korea Motors Israel Ltd., Mediterranean Car Agency Holdings Ltd., Michael Levi and Achiad Levi, in a $50 million lawsuit against Rami Ungar and Telcar Group Ltd. regarding the distribution rights of Kia cars in Israel.
- Representation of Pelephone, a cellular operator, in a class action filed against Israeli cellular companies in the amount of NIS 1 billion.
- Representation of Mr. Abraham Gezundheit in a dispute with the Spitzer family over the control of Arad Investment Ltd.
- Representation of Mr. Abraham Gezundheit in a multi-million dollar dispute with Investec Bank.
- Representation of Wissotzky Tea (Israel) Ltd in a shareholders’ dispute in I.T.B. Food Industries Ltd. (distributor of the “Zeta” olive oil brand).
- Representation of the Saban Group as a respondent to a class action filed against it regarding the transaction in which the Saban Group purchased a controlling stake in Partner, a cellular operator. The class action was dismissed in limine.
- Representation of Tnuva in an appeal to the Supreme Court in a class action filed against it for adding silicon to certain milk products.
- Representation of the Morris family (UK) in legal proceedings in Israel, among them: a proceeding under a creditors’ arrangement of Engel Resources and Development Ltd., a public construction company; a proceeding of foreclosure of liens and appointment of a receiver as a result of non-payment of Engel Resources and Development Ltd. to a company held by the Morris family.
- Representation of the Meretz political party in a petition to the High Court of Justice against the government’s refusal to act in accordance with the Public Housing Law.
- Representation of the Kadima political party and former Minister Roni Bar-On in a petition to the High Court of Justice claiming the illegality of the statutory provisions authorizing a biannual state budget.
The Secrets of Litigation (Bursi Publishing, 2015), author.
Selected additional publications
The Israeli chapter for the Commercial Arbitration know-how section in the Global Arbitration Review (“GAR”) law journal, August 2012.