Rotem Gilad is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group.
Rotem specializes in civil and commercial litigation, and particularly in complex class and derivative actions. Rotem represents international and Israeli clients in various disputes relating to corporate, commercial, securities and technology law.
Before joining Meitar, Rotem served as a law clerk to the Honorable Supreme Court Justice Salim Joubran.
- Representation of Mylan N.V. in litigation in Israel relating to its US$30 billion unsolicited offer to acquire all of the issued share capital of Perrigo Company Plc., and successfully defending against Perrigo’s attempt to enjoin the offer from going forward in Israel, while creating groundbreaking precedents in Israeli securities law.
- Representation of a REIT in a hostile takeover attempt.
- Representation of Siemens AG in a NIS 200 million action filed against it by the Israel Electric Company (IEC) alleging involvement of Siemens in bribes paid to a former director of IEC.
- Representation of China National Agrochemical Corporation in class and derivative actions concerning a tender offer to Syngenta AG’s shareholders.
- Representation of a leading international tech company in a class action alleging breaches of Israeli privacy and consumer-protection laws.
- Representation of a leading international tech company in civil actions concerning online content.
- Representation of a major international electronics manufacturer in a class action alleging involvement in a cartel.
- Representation of a minority shareholder in a large-scale family-corporate dispute.