“wonderful at explaining Israeli environmental requirements”
The Legal 500
Gidi Frishtik is a partner in the firm’s environmental law practice and also specializes in municipal law.
Gidi has special expertise in water law and also works in the infrastructure and energy areas. Gidi’s practice covers a wide spectrum of municipal and infrastructure matters, including real estate development, natural resources and utilities such as energy, water and sewage. Gidi represents and counsels a large number of private and public clients in the environmental infrastructure field.
Gidi has been involved from a very early stage in the implementation of Israel’s nationwide reform in municipal water management. Gidi advised on the establishment of many water and sewage municipal corporations in Israel (Mei Avivim – Tel Aviv, Ein Netafim – Eilat, Sharonim – Ramat HaSharon, Mei Givatayim – Givatayim, Nazareth Hills and Lower Galilee regions, Ein Afek – Rosh HaAyin and Mei Hod haSharon – Hod HaSharon) and he counsels many other corporations on an ongoing basis.
Gidi has a great deal of experience in administrative law matters and he has represented clients before Israel’s High Court of Justice in a variety of petitions. He has also represented clients in mass tort actions.
Gidi provides ongoing legal advice to a wide range of municipal authorities and municipal corporations throughout Israel. Gidi represents several municipal economic companies, and has also advised municipalities on the establishment of these companies.
In addition, Gidi represents and counsels both public and private entities in a variety of environmental matters such as air, water, land and sea pollution. This includes examination of environmental aspects of M&A transactions and due diligence processes with respect to soil and water pollution, air pollution, sea and streams pollution, sewage and waste pollution, odor, noise and light nuisance, asbestos, packaging, ionizing radiation (radioactive materials) and non-ionizing radiation (antennas, power lines, transformers).
Gidi specializes in Legal Ethics
Gidi acts as co-chairman of the Environment Committee of the Israel Bar Association.
In March 2014 Gidi was appointed as Chairman of the National Disciplinary Court of the Israel Bar Association and Vice President of the Disciplinary Courts of the Israel Bar Association.
In addition, Gidi instructs a course on Environment and Water Law at Bar Ilan University’s School of Law.
Gidi appeared in “The Best” by the Maariv newspaper in the field of Administrative Law.
Gidi appeared in “The Best” by the Maariv newspaper in the field of Municipal Law.
- Representation of municipal authorities in Tel Aviv, Eilat, Ramat HaSharon, Nazareth Hills and Lower Galilee regions, Hod HaSharon, Rosh HaAyin and Givatayim in the formation of water and sewage corporations.
- Representation of many water and sewage corporations both in ongoing matters (Ein Netafim, Sharonim, Mei Hod HaSharon, Mei Givatayim, Meitav, Mei Ramat Gan and Ein Afek) and in special situations (Mei Avivim, Mei Modiin, Nazareth Hills and more).
- Representation of municipal companies throughout the country.
- Advising the developers of the Sludge Project (“Mifal Habutza”) and the Eastern Line (Hakav Hamizrahi) Project on removal of bureaucratic obstructions to completion of the project.
- Litigation involving an environmental clean-up claim under recently-adopted provisions of Israeli law involving pollution caused by an ammunition manufacturing plant.
- Representation of parents of disabled children in a successful petition filed with the Israeli High Court of Justice seeking implementation of the law providing for integration of these children into the regular education system.
- “Medical Malpractice Judgments” (Carmel, 2000) 6 volumes
- Human Rights in Judaism Book (editor, 1998)
Selected additional publications
- “The Announcement of Cessation according to Section 9 of the Class Actions Law – 2006” Taagidim vol. H, No. 4 (November 2011)
- “The Relations between a Corporation formed in accordance with Water and Sewage Corporations Law and its Establishing Authority” Taagidim vol. F, No. 4 (November 2009)
- “The Acquisition of Rights to ILA Lands for Water and Sewage Infrastructures” Mekarkein vol.G , No.3 (May 2008)