Adi Fremder is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group, practicing corporate, commercial and securities litigation.
Adi specializes in defending complex litigation matters on behalf of Israeli and international clients. Adi has extensive experience in representing corporations, directors and officers in derivative actions and in representing shareholders in various legal disputes. Adi handles large-scale class actions and represents individuals and corporations in various commercial conflicts. Adi appears regularly before courts of all instances, as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Before joining Meitar, Adi served as a senior law clerk to the Honorable Justice Asher Grunis (who later became the Chief Justice of the Israeli Supreme Court in 2012-2015).
- Representation of Siemens AG in a NIS 200 million action filed against it by the Israel Electric Company (IEC) alleging involvement of Siemens in bribes paid to a former director of IEC.
- Representation of Siemens AG in a NIS 3.7 billion action filed against it by the Israel Electric Company (IEC), and in a class action for the same amount, alleging involvement of Siemens AG in a cartel.
- Representation of several major international electronics manufacturers in several (separate) class actions alleging involvement in cartels.
- Representation of Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot in a derivative action following an agreement reached between the Bank and the USA DOJ pertaining to actions taken by the Bank which, according to the DOJ, constituted assistance by the Bank to its US customers to evade US taxes.
- Defense of Oil Refineries Ltd. (BAZAN) in two derivative actions in relation to the purchase of natural gas and electricity for more than US$ 1 billion.
- Defense of Gazit-Globe Ltd. and Gazit-Globe Israel (Development) Ltd. in several motions to certify class actions alleging financial irregularities and false reports in its second-tier subsidiary, U. Dori Construction Ltd.
- Defense of B Communications (the controlling shareholder of Bezeq) in a derivative action involving allegations of illegal distribution of dividends.
- Representation of Isramco Negev 2 Limited Partnership and Tamar Petroleum Ltd. in two (separate) class actions alleging misleading information in reports filed in accordance with the Israeli Securities Law.
- Representation of former directors and current officers at SodaStream Ltd. in a shareholders’ class action relating to a going private transaction, alleging damages of approx. $200 million.
- Representation of directors of one of Israel’s largest banks in a derivative action claiming that the directors breached their duty of care.
- Representation of the three largest Israeli cellular carriers – Partner, Cellcom and Pelephone – in major class action lawsuits relating to the memory capacity of cellular devices sold to customers.
- Representation of controlling shareholders in two (separate) derivative actions relating to the terms of their employment and the approval of their employment contracts.
- Representation of the founders of Excellence Investment House in a US$200 Million claim for enforcement of an option agreement against Phoenix Investments.
- Representation of Israeli cellular operators, Partner and Cellcom, in opposing class action lawsuits related to the battery life of cellular devices.
- Representation of El-Al Israel Airlines in legal proceedings, including a petition filed with the High Court of Justice, in connection with its request to operate domestic flights.
- Representation of Gan Shmuel Group in a multi-million dollar complaint against AES Corporation regarding failure to complete a renewable energy project.