“‘The litigation team at Meitar and Or Baron Gil in particular are not only brilliant legal minds. They are exceptional legal and business strategists with an exceptional commitment to the clients’ interests.”
“Or Baron Gil is the heart of the team and the client is center to all he does. He is an exceptional and outstanding lawyer. His US background as litigator is extremely helpful. His advice is sharp, crisp and relevant, but always pragmatic and balanced. Hard to find any better lawyer supporting your interest.”
Or Baron Gil is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Arbitration Group. Or is a member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration and regularly counsels clients in international arbitrations under the ICC, AAA, Swiss Rules and LCIA rules, as well as in ad-hoc arbitrations.
Or also specializes in cross border litigation and has represented clients before all Israeli courts, including the Israeli Supreme Court. Prior to joining Meitar, Or practiced law for six years in the litigation department of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York, and was a visiting professor of Law and Economics in the University of Basel, Switzerland.
Recent International Arbitrations:
- A BVI Biotech fund in an ICC Arbitration in London
- The owner of an off-shore gas field in an ICC arbitration with an off-taker in London
- A Bermuda biotech company in a USD 200 million claim in arbitration under the Swiss Rules in Geneva.
- A company traded on NASDAQ in an AAA arbitration in New York.
- A biomed company traded on NASDAQ in an ICC arbitration in Amsterdam.
- A company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in an LCIA arbitration in London.
- An Israeli company in ICC arbitration in New York.
Commercial Litigation in Israeli Courts:
- IBM in a claim for NIS 1.1 billion in connection with a SAP implementation project.
- NICE, Ltd. in an action initiated in the District Court of Tel Aviv by a large French bank.
- Amdocs, Ltd. in an action initiated by an Israeli bank.
- Guardian in the bankruptcy proceedings of its Israeli subsidiary, Phoenicia.
- Arad Investments in a shareholder dispute.
- Clal Biotechnology in a securities class action.
- The board of Arcturus Therapeutics in a shareholder dispute.
Advising Foreign Manufacturers in Disputes with Israeli Distributors:
- Advising foreign manufacturers of wines, construction products, glass, medical devices, and laboratory equipment in disputes with their Israeli distributors, in out-of-court negotiations, and in court proceedings.
Oil and Gas:
- A Cayman Islands oil and gas company, in an action initiated by its Canadian shareholder in the District Court of Tel Aviv.
- A company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in an action against another public company concerning the rights to an oil and gas license.
- A company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in a petition to the High Court of Justice regarding its license to export natural gas.
- Aircraft lessors in arresting, on several occasions, commercial aircraft leased to foreign airlines flying to Israel; and later in repossessing the aircraft.